Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Week 2 RSS

When I first looked at this module I thought "oh no, am I going to get through this." But much to my surprise I found it really easy to do. I am still navigating my way around Google Reader but I can see that it has huge benefits for those who follow lots of blogs.
I subscribed to the links suggested in the module and instantly I have all these unread messages which can be a little overwhelming as who has the time to look through it all. You have to be very selective.
I particularly like the links on our Easyfind catalogue that allow you to set up a feed on your favourite authors etc. I have already started doing this with my own personal favourites. I think this is a great feature to share with customers.
I think RSS will offer great benefits to libraries as people who can use this technology will be able to have instant updates on all that they find interesting or follow. It's like having your own personal librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment